Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Randy's Last Lecture

I am very humbled after watching such an inspiring lecture. He makes everyone take a good look at themselves and tells us to live our lives like its the last...well it is. Mr. Randy talks about all the childhood dreams he had, but also details how he managed to fulfill most of these dreams the best way that he could. I have childhood dreams that were never fulfilled, and hopefully I can go back and reexplore these dreams. As a teacher, I want to be able to give motivation to students along their way to achieving their various dreams and goals.

Dr. Pausch brings up good points about educating young minds. It made me think about a few things. I want to be able to open up the minds of children, and let their imagination run. Today, kids minds are so conformed to act and do a certain way, when there is not a wrong way to go about accomplishing something. Hands-on learning, and active participation in learning are ways I would try to do that.

In the last days of his life, Dr. Randy Pausch does what he preached. Live these days as if they are your last...Never let go of your dreams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

No comments: