Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Podcasts...

I listened to four podcasts and some were good and some were not as good. The conversations could go on and on, and I know our group wasnt able to do that. So I give them credit there. Although, some podcasts did not stay completely on topic...

I listened to MacBreak Weekly first. This was one of the podcasts I thought jumped around on topics, but I was interested because the main topic was on cameras. I love learning about new cameras, because Im investing in one. It was cool learning about what to look for and what ones were best in their opinions when purchasing a camera.

The second podcast I listened to is This Week in Photography. I love taking pictures, so this was also a fun and an informative podcast for me personally. They talked about different kinds of ink jet printers and which ones were best and least expensive. The host also discussed the kinds of ink, pigment and dye. He said that both were great, although he recommended pigment over dye.

The next podcast I listened to, Ed Tech Talk, was one of my favorites. My favorite part was when they discussed digital photography. They explored questions asking if a picture was really worth a thousand words. Ive always wondered about the expression myself. Can a picture describe someone's life? I think one can speculate, but cant really know until they know that person. They talked about blogs and stuff as well.

The last podcast I listened to was Kidtalk, which was actually interesting to listen to. One idea that really got my attention was how Penn State has 60 second lectures. Students are chosen to discuss a topic, then given 60 seconds to make their case. They have to focus on one point, and keep their idea central.

Although this took some time, it was interesting and informative. I would consider listening to podcasts on my own in my spare time.

No comments: