Wednesday, December 3, 2008

EDM 310 Podcasts

I watched our podcast first on youtube as an educational tool...Well, it defintely couldve been better. Our conversation clocked in under ten minutes. I wonder if i talked too much, but I was just trying to keep the conversation flowing. I felt we were about a 7 out of 10. A little more information wouldve been better. I thought we werent as prepared as we could have been.

The second podcast I watched was Last Lecture with Brandy, Daniel, and Amanda. Needless to say, Daniel kept us on our toes, not knowing what ridiculously funny statement would come next. Even though it wasnt compact and maybe all over the place, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I had not seen the video prior the podcast, and it made me want to watch it as soon as I left class.

The third podcast was people from another class that covered Facebook. It was relatively easy to talk about the subject because they were already familiar with the program. It wasnt the best podcast, but it got the job done. They talked about its pros and cons and how it would work in a school related way between teachers and students. Good points were brought up, and overall it was an alright podcast.

Strange Podcasting was a wonderful idea. Of course it wasnt the best turnout as far as people being prepared, but it turned out quite well. I would suggest people not read straight off of notes and carry on a normal conversation with two other people. Brush up on the topic with your group beforehand to see where everyone stands. There were many people at fault for this including me, and that is the non word "um." I dont know if we can ever break this habit, it will even go unnoticed unless someone were to point it out. The podcasts were fun and new, and I suggest to keep doing them for other EDM 310 classes. Some people need to be pushed into doing something to realize they would like it.

No comments: